1. Beth always kept her garden in immaculate condition. However this morning she spotted a .... in her lawn. That wasn't there yesterday she thought, puzzled.
2. The .... dragged on and Bernice wished it was over. It wasn't particularly entertaining and she was bored.
3. The events of the day had been disastrous. Graham searched his .... for the clue he needed as to what had happened here.
6. With an effort, Shirley pulled her .... up. This weather was really getting her down.
7. Captain Morgan of the magnificent sailing cutter is a fierce man and when he says to the crew .... they do it without question.
8. The .... sparkled as the light hit it. It momentarily blinded George. He raised a hand to shield his eyes.
4. Barry .... the lights, trying to make the room feel cosier and more romantic, planning for when his girlfriend arrived.
5. Roger was annoyed he had lost the heavy duty .... . He knew it could only be in the house but where about, he didn't know.