6. The stadium was silent as the olympic pole vaulter spectacularly .... in his final attempt at the world record.
8. The king was not pleased with the .... of the foreign ambassador in such crucial times of high world tension
11. A method used to secure a fixture with string, rope, twine or wire.
13. A place of temporary accommodation.
15. Even the most highly acclaimed stain remover could not remove the .... .
18. The busy commuter decided he would briefly stop by the .... on his way home from work as he needed a break.
19. During the night, the young campers who had stopped near to running water were frightened by movement in the .... .
20. The counsellor assured his client that in a couple of days, his worries would be .... away.
1. It is not recommended to put your hand in the vicinity of a working .... .
2. The weight loss centre's most successful client still .... chocolate cake.
3. The residents of the village were relieved at how quickly the emergency services .... into action after the storm had damaged their homes.
4. It was a code red day, so we went out to .... the fire.
5. During the wildlife expedition we were fortunate enough to witness a rare breed of bird .... .
7. On his buck's night the groom was quite intoxicated, and as a result became half ....
9. If you are this, you could feel a sense of personal satisfaction.
10. Nobody could deny that this .... was the best leader they'd ever had.
12. The fisherman noticed that the greatest catch was towards the .... of the river.
14. Susan is really amazingly good at what she does, so the senior management decided to .... her
16. Vanessa isn't feeling very well, but a few more .... would probably have a very a beneficial effect on her.
17. The landscaper was unable to continue his work as he realised he had no .... .